What's NewWant to know what we're spending your taxpayer money on? Of course you do! With the new Online Checkbook, you can check out what each department is spending and who the vendors are through a simple checkbook style web app.
Help Us ImproveListing our datasets is just a start. Please help us improve by letting us know what type of data you'd like to see and how we as a government can be more transparent. Please send your suggestions and ideas to OpenReno@reno.gov.
Open Government Team
We are currently forming an internal Open Government Team led by our Web Services Manager. Team members will come from all departments and all levels, with the intention of supporting our external transparency efforts.
Here are some of the goals of this team:
- Identify and implement opportunities to share data and information
- Develop policies and procedures related to transparency
- Oversee use of web, social media, and print communications in transparency
- Provide related content for internal blog
- Support the City Clerk’s Office in open records planning and public records requests
- Support Neighborhood Services in media relations
- Advise web and intranet development teams
We will report on this site about the process and what we have plans to accomplish. Please send us your ideas!